If you would love to cruise but you get sick travelling by boat or you are not sure if you will like it, here are five tips for you to finish booking a cruise for your vacation.
1. If you feel seasick often, remember that cruises are bigger boats prepared for long trips. Remember to choose a cabin on the lower floors, where the movement will notice even less. You can always choose to visit the doctor to advise or prescribe medication if necessary.
2. Remember that travelling by boat means being in a limited space but not locked up. You will have many hours to lie down to sunbathe, enjoy the pool area, perform outdoor activities, etc. Do not forget your sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
3. Depending on the type of cruise you book you will need to bring certain clothing. Do not think that because you are on a boat, you will need fewer luggages. If it is a cruise with stops on land, you will need comfortable clothes for excursions, if you like sports or outdoor activities take appropriate clothes for it, if you want to attend gala dinners or you need to dress more formal at night, remember include elegant clothes in your suitcase. Consult with our Es Freus travel agents and they will advise you on this.
4. As we say, each cruise has its own regulations and requirements. Do not forget to check all the details before setting sail. Check all the necessary documentation such as passports or health cards, conditions on the allowed luggage, in case of travelling with a pet, whether it is possible or not, etc.
5. If you leave from the Balearic Islands, remember that most of the cruises are departing from Palma de Mallorca, so you have to take into account the trip to the island of Mallorca in case you reside in the neighbouring islands, Ibiza, Menorca or Formentera.
As always, in case of doubts, if you need more information or the advice and recommendations of professionals, do not hesitate to approach our travel agencies Es Freus. There we will give you all the details you need to know. You can also send us an e-mail to email@example.com or call us at 971 30 80 69.
We also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page , where we publish daily offers and through which you can also contact us directly.